About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I have been creating art throughout my life but it was not until the beginning of 2010, having ample time in my hands that i started creating art on a full-time basis. I am a self taught artist, having no formal education in art, painting solely driven by interest, love for art and passion. Occasionally, dream and emotion inspired. As an emotional painter, expressing myself in my artwork is as important as it is for me to breath. Expressing myself through art enables me to reach deep down into my true essential self and share that state of interconnectedness and "entanglement". When an idea becomes compulsion, I express it. I believe that Art is an essential requirement of living. I am from Sarawak, a Malaysian born and raised in Brunei Darussalam and lived in Miri, Sarawak for most of my adult life. I am currently residing in Kuala Lumpur. I have two beautiful children.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

attitude - gratitude

‎"Half of the pleasure of painting and feeling the joy of the creative act is sharing it with others and the feeling of connection. It could just be the colour. But it is something that someone other than you has seen and felt. It is momentous. It is magic". ~ (Sara Genn)


What is the value of art? Honestly, I really don’t think that art has an enduring value. A piece of art is divine to one man and ridiculous to the next. All art has local and temporal value—though some are fortunate to outlive others. But pieces that evoke wonder and appreciation and awe are definitely of utmost emotional value to anyone with an open mind or heart. For me, the pleasure of painting is sharing it with others, after all the essence of all beautiful art is gratitude. thank you all for your wonderful support.


"For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends". ~ (Ralph Waldo Emerson)