About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I have been creating art throughout my life but it was not until the beginning of 2010, having ample time in my hands that i started creating art on a full-time basis. I am a self taught artist, having no formal education in art, painting solely driven by interest, love for art and passion. Occasionally, dream and emotion inspired. As an emotional painter, expressing myself in my artwork is as important as it is for me to breath. Expressing myself through art enables me to reach deep down into my true essential self and share that state of interconnectedness and "entanglement". When an idea becomes compulsion, I express it. I believe that Art is an essential requirement of living. I am from Sarawak, a Malaysian born and raised in Brunei Darussalam and lived in Miri, Sarawak for most of my adult life. I am currently residing in Kuala Lumpur. I have two beautiful children.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

I am a Princess. (So what's the confusion?)

Size- 30x 40 inches
Medium - acrylic on canvas
Year- 2013
Not For Sale.
Requests for commisioned work available.

can you relate?

Do you ever feel like people expect you to act a certain way¿

Problems arise when you let others define you, when you feel totally stressed out by the effort to meet others' expectations, or when you feel like you need to act a certain way in order to be loved and accepted.
I wish i could say that the insecurities caused by the expectations of others is something you can grow out of. 
It probably isn't. 
If you can't just ignore the voices around you and there's no hope of outgrowing the pressure to please others, what is the answer? 

Our only hope is to realise that our value is not determined by what we do, who we are or how others see us but simply how God views us. 


He says;

I've made every part of you and i call you wonderful.


Ignore the voices around you and life will be beautiful. 
Be yourself