About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I have been creating art throughout my life but it was not until the beginning of 2010, having ample time in my hands that i started creating art on a full-time basis. I am a self taught artist, having no formal education in art, painting solely driven by interest, love for art and passion. Occasionally, dream and emotion inspired. As an emotional painter, expressing myself in my artwork is as important as it is for me to breath. Expressing myself through art enables me to reach deep down into my true essential self and share that state of interconnectedness and "entanglement". When an idea becomes compulsion, I express it. I believe that Art is an essential requirement of living. I am from Sarawak, a Malaysian born and raised in Brunei Darussalam and lived in Miri, Sarawak for most of my adult life. I am currently residing in Kuala Lumpur. I have two beautiful children.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Transcendence

Posted by Picasa
SOLD
30 x 30 inches

It is commonly thought in most cultures that feathers are symbols of higher thought, spiritual progression.  The line of thought here is that birds were considered divine creatures in primitive/ancient cultures because they are creatures of the sky (heaven) and therefore closer to God.
When you find feathers upon your path it could be taken to mean that you are on a higher spiritual path (whether you accept it or not), and it may be a sign of encouragement as you philosophically travel on this path.
Finding feathers on your path is also symbolic of having a lighter outlook on life or a particulary situation.  When we see feathers in our midst it is considered a message that we need to lighten up, not take things too seriously, and try to find the joy in our situation.
Some common symbolic meanings are: Heightened awareness, Light heartedness, Enlightenment, Prayer, Divinity, Progress